Feb 1st, 2018
Listen to Matt, Steve and special guest Scott Roger, from Horror Movie Night Podcast, talk about this James Bond rip-off. Get ready for bad accents, Pangaea continents, one random ninja, zero lasers and a pop song that never stops!
Laser Mission (1989)
Laser Mission was originally titled “Solider of Fortune”. This film has a runtime of 84 minutes, is rated R and came out in the US during August of 1990.
- A secret agent. A beautiful accomplice. A daring mission to prevent World War III. One thrilling adventure!
- A race for world power. Who will succeed: CIA or KGB?
- World War III...can he stop it in time?
- The future of the world rests with just one man...
- His assignment: Find the world's most dangerous laser weapon or take the heat. Her assignment: Turn up the heat.
- A deadly new weapon leads to explosive action in the African desert!
- A three way power struggle with one control switch.
Director: BJ Davis (as Beau Davis, it’s French) He’s a stuntman and stunt director and you can tell after watching this movie.
- David A. Frank (only credit, fake name?)
- Phillip Gutteridge (only credit, two fake writers?!?)
- Brandon Lee as Michael Gold (The Crow) We lost him to soon….
- Debi A. Monahan as Alissa (She’s a Pilates instructor now!)
- Ernest Borgnine as Prof. Braun (Won an Oscar in 1955 for Best Actor in a Leading Role for “Marty” but our listeners probably know him from Escape from New York as Cabbie)
Mercenary Gold is sent from the CIA to seize the laser expert Braun in Cuba, before the KGB catches him. A recently stolen giant diamond could be used together with Braun's knowledge to construct a laser cannon which could bring power over the whole world. Who will succeed: CIA or KGB - or none of them?
Mercenary Man written by David Knopfler (this is the only song you ever need to listen to again)